Sunday, May 26, 2019

H&M x Giambattista Valli


The high-street retailer H&M has launched a collection with the Paris based Italian designer Giambattista Valli. The collection is called Project Love and was revealed on Thursday evening at the Cannes film festival.  Pieces from the collection were worn by celebrities attending the event such as Kendall Jenner, influencer Chiara Ferragni and Musician H.E.R. 



The collection consists of the ‘frothy dress trend’ which took over the catwalks last February and was described as making those who wear it “bob along like baby ducklings.” 

Prices range from a £400.00 corset dress to £13.00 ribbed socks. Selected pieces from the collection will be made available to purchase in 12 H&M stores around the world, including regent street in London and on hm.com from the 25th May. The full collection will then be released on the 7th November. 

Valli has said “I am excited about this collaboration: H&M gives me the opportunity to bring my vision of style and my celebration of beauty to a wider audience.” 



The designer first launched his brand in 2005. His designs were particularly focused into menswear with several suits included in the H&M collection. This will be the first time the designer has collaborated with a high-street retailer. 

I really like this collection Valli has created with H&M. I'd never heard of the designer before and I think his style is different, creative and fresh. I particularly like the bright pink tule dress Kendal Jenner is wearing. I think its really wacky and creative but also the colour is really feminine too. It's not something you would usually see in a high-street brand and I am interested to see what else is going to be released. 




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lana Marie | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig