Thursday, September 12, 2019

New York Day 1



New York... America... The land of the free... and I was going there! I was so excited that I couldn't even sleep the night before. The night before, everything I needed for the trip had been, double, triple, quadruple checked and packed. I was so excited to fulfill one of my dreams, to visit the big Apple.

I arrived at Gatwick and met the rest of my course mates and the tutors and we boarded the plane and everything was standard. The plane journey was nice and comfortable and I was still beating with excitement, we had arrived. 

The first thing I noticed when we arrived in New York was just the gargantuan size of everything, the buildings were huge, the colours [of the stores and other commercial places] were unbelievably vibrant. People were everywhere, all types of people, dressed in all types of clothes. All of a sudden the world had just gotten so much bigger.

The first couple of hours was filled with administrative standard procedures for the course such as showing us to our hotel and our rooms and our tutors explaining any rules and guidelines. I was ust ready to go an explore. 

When we hit the ground and were allowed to go exploring everything became so much bigger and more vibrant, it was a cacophony of colours and lights. The only way to describe it was that it just felt so alive.

We didn’t get much free time but in the time that we did, but we went to visit grand central station and it was beautiful. The place was huge and it felt so extravagant and so full of history, with the colours of the nation embedded on to flags. The most unique statues scattered everywhere. It felt like you were standing somewhere important and honestly made me feel important too because this place was the stuff of films. And there was, it seemed, thousands and thousands of people rushing around to get where they needed to be whilst I took in a moment to appreciate the architecture of the building.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lana Marie | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig